Throttle Cable Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emagnuson

Reaction score
I purchased my 02 Warrior with a twist throttle already installed. I thought it'd be a piece of cake to swap it with a thumb throttle. Unfortunately, the twist throttle uses a cable that connects directly to the carb. The OEM thumb throttle cable has a hex end on it that connects to another part assembly then to the carb. Apparently the inbetween assembly isn't available for purchase from OEM parts dealers. My local shop said I needed to either get a new carb (great idea) or source the part in the used market. So, I'm watching some parted out used carb auctions on ebay. But, I'm wondering if anyone has the part I need? Or, if you're thinking of switching to a twist and will wind up not needing the part. I'll make a straight trade twist throttle and cable for the part. If you have the part laying around and would like to sell it, I'm up for sending some cash you way $$.

here's a picture with the part I need (it's circled in red):

749d_1.jpg

7991_1.jpg

Thanks!

Erick

Thanks for your replies on this. The reality is, that part isn't available in the OEM market. I got the word directly from a Mikuni distributor in Los Angeles. It's a strange part to choose not to carry given it's connected directly to the throttle cable and people would be more apt to break it than most of the other parts available on the OEM lists. I'm good though. I purchased a carb on ebay for $45 which is probably what the part and shipping would have cost anyway.

Hey there.

I may have what you're looking for. I currently run a twister on mine, and i have an extra stock carb. I'll see if the that part is still on it. I'll check tonight and post back tomorrow.

thanks! I actually got sniped on my ebay auction and lost the parted out carb I was looking at. So, I'm still in the market for all or part of a used carb.

Back