Warrior 350 cutting out mid throttle?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courage

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got my brakes sorted on my Warrior, and took it for a spin the other day. It idles nice and smooth, and runs good when wound all the way out, but it acts like it's running out of gas through the midrange power. I'm not sure if this is new, or if it's always been like this since I bought it, since I haven't ridden it much because of the break problems, and I'm kinda a full throttle guy... my dad was the one to ask if it normally ran rough through mid throttle. I had to purposefully ride it half throttle to see what he was talking about. Any ideas? I read something about a parking break switch shorting out, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me...
Thanks in advance!
Courage

You could try adjusting the needle to see if that helps. Something I found with these carbs though is as they get old they start sucking air past the slide from the seals going bad.

Yeah the parking brake wire won't let you rev it past half even in neutral, it's an ignition cut safety thing. Being it's been sitting I'm with beastly that it's carb related

Thanks so much for your responses! Glad I came here before just cutting the parking brake wires!
Can you give me some tips as far as the carb? I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to carburetors unfortunately... 🤦🏼‍♂️I want to learn, and I really want to get this thing all sorted so I can ride it.
Thanks again!
Courage

Back