97 warrior no spark (solved replaced stator)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
replaced the coil , plug and neutral relay. neutral light is on. checked the ground for the motor , and the coil , all good. so far im not getting anything from the orange signal wire to the coil, where does the other end of the orange wire terminate , the cdi?

took all the plastics off to get a better look at the wiring harness and to find the fuses (there are none, and its wrapped up pretty good , so i cant really follow the wires without tearing everything up. no fuses makes me think someone was playing around with electrical before me. is there a way to test the CDI, or do i have to just replace it ? quad been down all summer , and im pretty poor lol someone please help!

Last edited:
replaced the coil , plug and neutral relay. neutral light is on. checked the ground for the motor , and the coil , all good. so far im not getting anything from the orange signal wire to the coil, where does the other end of the orange wire terminate , the cdi?

took all the plastics off to get a better look at the wiring harness and to find the fuses (there are none, and its wrapped up pretty good , so i cant really follow the wires without tearing everything up. no fuses makes me think someone was playing around with electrical before me. is there a way to test the CDI, or do i have to just replace it ? quad been down all summer , and im pretty poor lol someone please help!
Orange goes from cdi too coil

okay so if im not getting voltage from the orange signal wire then its either the CDI or the wiring harness itself , ill see if i can get continuity from one end to the other. at least were narrowing it down lol
Check with a multimeter your orange wire for continuity from the plug to the coil or check your stator ohm's

i have got continuity from font to back on the orange wire , i got a OEM CDI from ebay , i have changed the neutral relay switch and got a new battery, still no spark

i got the new battery cause i thought it could have been the old battery , when i jumped it off my sons raptor i got spark and got it to start , i put the plastics back on and tried to jump it again and back to no spark that is also when i check the continuity to make sure it wasn't the harness

i checked the source and pickup using this crappy meter, source i got .1 ohms and pickup o got 10.55, even wit the crappy meter set at 200k ohms they are both off no matter where you put the decimal. so i guess its been the magneto all along lol and if this doesn't work im just gonna set it on fire and roll it off a cliff

now do i return the CDI ?or put it in a faraday cage incase Russia does something like an airburst EMP? pretty long shot but would be nice to have a atv for the nuclear holocaust.

Lol may as well keep the spare, if you set yours on fire and roll it off a cliff you'll probably end up feeling nostalgic and buying another one in a couple years, it may need that spare cdi

im gonna see if anyone wants to buy it here. im giving up. got the magneto to change it out, and one of the 8mm bolts snapped off in the hole... ive got no truck or trailer to take it anywhere to get it fixed. dont have any money to spend to throw at it. i am defeated

went back at it with the drill got cover off but still haven't got all of the bolt out. need like a carbide bit or something. spent over an hour cleaning off old gasket. got new magneto in the cover now I have to wait for new stator cover gasket and hope it dosent leak...

Attachments

• 20240826_163713.jpg
    20240826_163713.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240826_145730.jpg
    20240826_145730.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i have got continuity from font to back on the orange wire , i got a OEM CDI from ebay , i have changed the neutral relay switch and got a new battery, still no spark

i got the new battery cause i thought it could have been the old battery , when i jumped it off my sons raptor i got spark and got it to start , i put the plastics back on and tried to jump it again and back to no spark that is also when i check the continuity to make sure it wasn't the harness

i checked the source and pickup using this crappy meter, source i got .1 ohms and pickup o got 10.55, even wit the crappy meter set at 200k ohms they are both off no matter where you put the decimal. so i guess its been the magneto all along lol and if this doesn't work im just gonna set it on fire and roll it off a cliff

now do i return the CDI ?or put it in a faraday cage incase Russia does something like an airburst EMP? pretty long shot but would be nice to have a atv for the nuclear holocaust.
On the clutch side bottom there's a nipple check that wire for ground in top of the sprocket there's another one check it too other one on you reverse che your clutch leveler bypass... Start from there

it was he stator. replaced it and it fired right up. always the last thing you check eh? lol

one of the bolt was seized tried torching it and drilling it and the snapped it off extractor didn't work and my drill bits sucked. but luckily no leaks with new gasket. until I get it drilled all the way out and retapped for a new bolt I'll keep checking for leaks. but so far it's good!👍

thanks everyone for your help/input.

Back