Control Arms Discussion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jelly

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As part of my restoration, I'm looking to replace (upgrade?) my upper and lower control arms. As a Toyota guy, bad ball joints haunt my nightmares... It seems right now my only options to buy new are Ebay Specials, or +2s. Is there anyone who sells quality stock length A-Arms? I can't find any... If not, what are the benefits of upgrading to +2s? And what other parts need to be upgraded for that to work? Tie rods? Shocks? Extended brake lines?

I tried searching through existing forums for some answers, but couldn't find specifics from recent times. Thanks in advance.

Doing the wider arms, both full flight and American star are essentially the same. They both use heims and ball joints that are replaceable and come in a kit with the tie rods and brake lines and work with stock length shocks.
It should handle better, but be warned installation isn't as straightforward as it seems. Also, the ball joints will need to be broken in the hard way (yamahanutz has a thread about it and I'm in the same boat) and double also, in order to get the best out of them you'll want shocks too.
I have an unpopular opinion on wide a arms but imma hold my tounge till I finish getting my whole front end dialed in and then ride a stock quad to feel if it's been actually worth it, but if I were in your boat... try the ebay specials on just the arms that the joints have play on, use the rest of your money getting everything else up to par and circle back on the a arm upgrade later.

Doing the wider arms, both full flight and American star are essentially the same. They both use heims and ball joints that are replaceable and come in a kit with the tie rods and brake lines and work with stock length shocks.
It should handle better, but be warned installation isn't as straightforward as it seems. Also, the ball joints will need to be broken in the hard way (yamahanutz has a thread about it and I'm in the same boat) and double also, in order to get the best out of them you'll want shocks too.
I have an unpopular opinion on wide a arms but imma hold my tounge till I finish getting my whole front end dialed in and then ride a stock quad to feel if it's been actually worth it, but if I were in your boat... try the ebay specials on just the arms that the joints have play on, use the rest of your money getting everything else up to par and circle back on the a arm upgrade later.
Yeah, personally, I prefer how the stock A-Arm stance looks. I’ve seen some really nice stanced out builds, but like you said, upgrading all A-Arms, new shocks, and extended rear axles is about how much I paid for the bike if not more and there’s a bunch of other stuff I’d rather do right now lol.

Your only option is +2. I prefer warriors with them. They handle a lot better and the suspension works a lot better.
Looks like I’m riding these stocks till they fail lol. Discontinuing parts with a welded ball joint is criminal…

Which one(s) are loose? I can check my take offs and mabey cut a deal

Back