CUT PLASTICS????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouritrailrider

Reaction score
How many of you have cut plastics, I'm thinking about doing mine, could i get some tips and pics of your guys

Yeah i have them.

Heres some pics. I first made a template out of paper, then i used a dremmil to cut them. I gave them both an inch of slack on each side on the first cut around to give me some room to cut and mess up if i did.

cam2-3.jpg

i used a dremel on mine as well, but i just drilled out the rivets on the black part along the front and side of the fenders and cut a little off the black part at the back. heres what mine looks like
Warrior1.jpg

100_0866.jpg

100_0861.jpg

it leaves a little more of the front fenders to help with mud, but still looks good (in my opinion). also, if you end up not liking it, you still have some fender left to trim. hope this helps.

I think they look good stock and you can do diff mods to make them look cooler. Cut fenders on the warrior dont look so hott...and when you want to trail ride you get SOAKEDDDD.. I would leave them as is, or buy a cut up set already since stock plastic is expensive... Mike

ya, you could get a set of used front fenders on ebay to cut up and keep the stock ones if you wanted to go back to the stock look. the only thing is that if you are riding trails you should expect to get a little wet and dirty. thats what makes it fun. just my 2 cents on that. anyways, if you cut your fenders, be sure to post up some pics of what you did. im sure we would all like to see it. later

When I had my Warriors I used tape to make the outline I wanted, then used a dremal with a cutoff wheel to cut them. Then I sanded the edges to make them smooth. I cut both the front and the back. The bad part with cut fenders is you get alot more crap flipped up in your face, but you can now see your front tires which helps with avoiding roots, rocks and such. Here are some pics of my 2000 before I got rid of it.
IMAG1570.jpg

IMAG1573.jpg

IMAG1569.jpg

IMAG1575.jpg

The blaster hood was far from just bolt on. For starters it was wider than the warrior hood so I had to heat it up and squeeze it together to make it narrower by like a 1/2 to 1 inch. Also have to add about an inch of plastic to the bottom sides in order to fit flush on the fenders, so you need to do a little plastic welding. You also have to trim the back of it so it will sit flush against the tank cover, and heat up the tabs on the top back of it by the steering stem so you can mount to the tank cover. And then finally make some brackets so you can mount the hood to the factory mounts. It took me a couple weeks to get it just right. The best part was that i never saw another quad like it when I was out riding. People would always sit there and stare at it and then finally walk up and say "OK, what is it?" My new "Plastics" project is putting the old style Honda 400ex plastics on my 88 Suzuki LT250R. That will trip people out, they will hear my 2-stroke coming but all they will see is what they think is a 400ex ;D

Back