dynojet needle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Since the Dynojet needle (Stage 1) has more of a taper, would the sizes of the main and pilot jets decrease since more fuel is being let in through the needle? Not decrease below stock but if a pipe and filter is added would you not have to go up as much in size? I want to use the dynojet needle and I have the Mikuni jets 3 sizes up from stock. Also I was thinking about 3 turns out on the screw to start and clip on position 3.

Ok im going to say this one last time and im going to do my best not to sound rude or come across as an ass or something like that cause that is not my intention. Pilot jet only affects starting and idle up to 1/8 throttle. needle affects 1/8 to 3/4 throttle, main jet affects 3/4 to full throttle. needle will not change what size pilot or main jet you need. Jetting is confusing if you have not done it before. If at say half throttle you have a stumble then your to rich on your needle setting, the pilot or main will not affect that. if at 3/4 to full throttle you have a stumble then your to rich on your main,and the pilot and needle will not change that. now with the screw if you have to screw it out more than 3 turns then you need a larger pilot. when you change the main jet you always start out larger and at full throttle you should have a stumble, from there you start going down in sizes until the stumble goes away. that will be when you have the right size main in for that temp and altitude. setting the needle is the same process start out rich on the needle and lean it out till there is no more stumble from in the 1/8 to 3/4 throttle range. dont change your pilot unless your having problems with it starting or idle. the screw typically will be 2 1/2-3 turns out. Hope this helps. and make sure quad is warmed up and your doing full throttle passes.

don't make three threads about the same question, if you need to change your first thread there is this special modify button that helps alot, also theres another special button, its called search, it will become your friend and be able to answer questions that have been asked other times.

I just installed a Dynojet kit and the bike seems to run good but when warming up with the choke on my power bomb header was glowing red. I don't feel any stumble when riding but not much difference in power either. I have a FMF Megamax,PowerbombHeader and modify air box lid. Is this normal with the choke on.

There is a chance your running lean, but also Yamaha's are notorious for head-pipes glowing. My warrior's are jetted perfect and the head-pipes glow at night, as a matter of fact every 4-stroke Yamaha in my club has the glowing head-pipes.

Back