Issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmm

Reaction score
My 2001 warrior sounds like a 2-stroke motorcycle after going through water. Sometimes it will stall and won’t start after going through water.

Additionally it wants to die out unless the RPM is high. It will idle and I can ride it however I have to keep the RPM's high on inclines if I'm riding.

It sound electrical to me however not sure if it is the safety switch. The safety switch is disconnected at the plug under my handlebar. The wires go into the harness at this point and I’m not sure where it goes from there.

I would appreciate any help.

Last edited:
it sounds like electrical i had the same problem on my 01 i went through a mud puddle and my colenoid got wet after that it would stall ect....try checking your terminals....if it stalls in water push it out and let it dry the 01, and 02 for some reason dont like huge puddles, but when i hit mine i blew a head gasket too!

Check your grounds and dab some dielectric grease in all your electrical connections.

look over the ignition coil and stuff up front I just went thru this last year. Mine ended up being a cracked coil wire.

Back