New to quads 96 warrior wont start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcon

Reaction score
Hello, I was given a 96 warrior in kind of ruff shape. I have done a few things to it and can not get it to start unless I pull start it. I have removed the carb and cleaned it and then rebuilt it yesterday, here is what I have replaced in the last month:

Ignition Coil
Spark Plug
New main fuse with holder
Stator
CDI Box
Throttle cable
Clutch cable
New Battery

After I pull start it and ride it around the block a few times it will not start again unless I pull start it. While I was rebuilding the carb the air adjustment screw was tightened all the way in so I backed the new one out 2 1/4 turns. I know there are many threads on this but all the help In those still didn't get the quad to start, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have posted this on a few forums for help. I want to do the work myself, that's why im asking every where.

So a few questions.

When you say pull start, are you pulling the quad behind another and dropping the clutch, (bump starting) or does the quad have a hand pull start on the left side of the motor?

What does the quad do when you press the starter button? Any sounds, does the starter turn over, stuff like that.

I pulled it behind another quad, I only have a electric start. When I turn it over it crank, before I rebuilt the carb it would only turn over and over. Now that I have rebuilt the carb every 3rd or 4th turn over it pops slightly and has a faint ping sound, It never did that before.

Ok here is where i stand, i ripped the bike apart and painted every piece. I have replaced all thrust caps front and back found many missing grease fittings and am about 1 week from putting back together. I replaced the rear axle bearings and that was a blast... Then rebuilt the carb and adjusted lifters to spec also i replaced the top end gaskets since i had a small leak. Also while taking the A-arm and brake lines off i noticed i had NO front pads so there on the way. Ill let you know if it starts soon.

Back