Selling without title?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warriorrider

Reaction score
How much value does this usually take off? I want to sell my warrior but dont have a title. The dealer never sent out any of his buyers titles because he didnt want to pay the tax..but rather pocket the money and now he is out of buisness. People tell me to just go to the DMV and file for lost title but it was never lost and quad isnt even in my name.

I would part it out on ebay. Take it apart, clean all the parts real well and take close good pictures. You will get more than selling it whole! You can sell the frame with a notarized bill of sale and that will enable the buyer to get his own title.

im not parting out..hell no!! ill find somebody...my dad is gunna g ofind the reciept and then we are taking it to some law officail guy and kind off sueing the dealer

It was your fault.. your the one who opted to buy a machine without a title and never try to acquire one.

But anyway without a title at least a 1000 dollars less than its actually worth.

It really depends if the state requires you to have a title and to register it. Here in Oregon titles are not required and there is no registration for quads. My blaster and the 87 warrior both had out of state titles but my 2000 didnt have a title and I still got $2800 out of it. I just wrote a bill of sale.

I just bought a warrior without a title. Doesn't make a difference to me. I made sure to get a bill of sale and the guys license number, phone, address, etc... in case I run into trouble in the future. I would put yours on craigslist and just sell it normal.

[quote author=dswwarrior350 board=general thread=1181530158 post=1181535907]It was your fault.. your the one who opted to buy a machine without a title and never try to acquire one.

But anyway without a title at least a 1000 dollars less than its actually worth.[/quote
It had a title when i bought it!! read my first thread!!

i paid 19 for mine without tittle i dont see a point in fighting for a new one

I wouldnt give an atv without a title a second look if it was me but o well. I wouldnt even buy a replacement frame without a title.

why what are they used for that they take 1000 dollars off the price

You have no proof that the machine is even yours. Who knows if it was stolen or whatever without a title, and no a bill of sale does not mean the same as a title, you can write anything on a piece of paper and sign it.

Not that this decreases the value persay... but with no proof that you actually purchased it people tend to steer away, just because they have no background on it or proof that it isnt hot. Without having a transferred title whos to say whoever you buy this off of wont just report it as stolen and get you in a heap of ****. You would have no proof you didnt steal it either. Thats a very unlikely situation but im sure it could happen.

We always just call the local police station read the vin off to them and they run a quick check to see if its been reported stolen. In oregon you dont recieve a title when you purchase a quad. You only get the certificate of orgin. Its up the buyer whether or not you choose to apply for a title or not. I would say a good 75% of quads in oregon are not titled. Oh and the bill of sales, at least here, are notorized.

Back