warrior/banshee good deal?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
banshee
red and yellow
never flipped
"a guy in penn state bought it brandy new in 96, and when he got it, he put on some fatty pipes with powercore 2s, boysen reeds, a boost bottle, opened the intake witha flowkit, jet kits of course...did some mild porting work, light head work...a 2+2 durablue axle, ITP rims all around, holeshits in the front, knarlys in the rear...then disaster struck...bumbumbum...

my friend in cairo traded his raptor for the banshee, and yay the banshee ran great it was aweosme and fast and whatnot...then winter came, and the kid was ridin it around in the cold without rejetting or ne thing...the engine leaned out and melted the lower crank bearing and the piston...so he totally took it apart, and there it sat...until the faithful day that i asked him about it and offered to trade my snowmobile for it...so bam, we traded, i had the engine totally rebuilt, wiseco .030 over pistons, hot rods crank with rods, new cylinders, shiny new setup.. and it was put together, and i rode it and damn near **** myself cuz its fast, i said lets see how long it lasts, ive been ridin it for a little over ayear here and there, and it hasnt failed me since since then ive blown the engine on my yfz twice...dg bumper"

this guy wants to trade quads (warrior) and 500$...i will need to sell the motor cause i cant handle that...HELL NO!!

warrior
flipped once, needs a few holes drilled and tapped, needs frame PD'd
race cut fenders, custom headlights, raptor front tires and he gets a choicxe of any 3 sets he wants for the rear....comes with stock pipe and an extra set of right a arms....new rebuilt rear end with a brand new axle and a black powdercoated swingarm, banshee shock...shock covers...never ran out of gas with it....e-brake block off, MSR clutch lever

am i getting a good deal?!?!?!?!?

or should i get a 400....it seems to me 2 stroke is the way to go but all i have ridden is 4 strokes...i should be getting the blaster within the next few days

dude.. banshee all the way. and why the hell would you sell the motor!? just takes some getting used to. I would do it. banshees are pretty sweet. but if the plastics are shitty, and your just gunan sell the motor I would forget about it. good deal though

idk, i guess i could get used to it...seems like a good deal to me, im going to talk to him later for more details

banshees are money pits, if your on a tight budget stick to 4 strokes.

I suggest you ride one before you get one, you may not like the way 2 strokes run.

If you do decide to get it have him start it in front of you cold, if it takes more than a couple kicks its gonna need a top end pretty soon

im going to go see it and ride it......my warrior and 500$ for the banshee will be the trade

im buying a blaster so i will see if i like the 2 strokes, and then ill ride the banshee...idk if we should trade for that or if we should sell and get a 400

I've heard good and bad things about 2-strokes depends on who your talking to, personally if i were buying a new quad it would be a 400.

worse comes to worse you can just turn around and sell the banshee. they are some sick machines. there is nothing like the smell of 2 stroke in the morning

warriorspeed think about this. a 400 isn't much faster than a 350. a 350 2 stroke is way faster. and probly one of the best rides out there. but if you only ride in trails you might want to get the 400 cause it has reverse. if I had the choice I would go with the banshee depending on how it looks and if it was well taken care of. are you talking about getting a new 400ex/z/kfx?

idk man, 2 strokers blow pretty easy, krazy get up and go tho, i'd proly go w/ a 400 and mod it out

im not modding the next vehiocle out thats when things go wrong like my warrior, have you had one...people say they blow easy, but its not that difficult to work on them so idk

banshees are money pits, if your on a tight budget stick to 4 strokes.

I suggest you ride one before you get one, you may not like the way 2 strokes run.

If you do decide to get it have him start it in front of you cold, if it takes more than a couple kicks its gonna need a top end pretty soon

Here come the age old 2 stroke vs fourstroke battle..

2 stroke is a better power plant..hands down no matter how much you want to debate

and trust me it costs nearly 1/2 to build a 2 stroke than it does something like a warrior or 400ex.

Everything might be double because of both cylinders but i can rebuild a 2 stroke dirt cheap.. way cheap than what ive dumped into my "money pit" of a warrior.... a set of pistons from wiseco is like 150 bucks! one single JE piston or Arias is that much.

No valves/adjustments... fast revs.... adrenalin pumping powerband.. whats not to love?

The reliability issue is not worth arguing.. you can say what you want but id put a 2 stroke against any fourstroke for reliability. They just require a diffrent type of maitenence. The rebuilds on a 2 stroke are so simple id put them below the valve adjustment difficulty on the warrior. you can litterally rebuild a 2 stroke in about a 1/2 hour if you are really good with your hands.

Dude my boy has one and it's fast as **** but the stock suspention can barely if at all handle the stock motor let alone a really beefed up motor. Plus it sucks ass for any kind of trail riding. Unless you plan to just dune it, but then I would still want a 4 stroke for trail riding. I forgot to mention I have a stock 2002 Banshee, but love my Warrior way more.

something must be wrong with you dave. LOL, actually i dno cause i've never rode a banshee. u got pics of ur banshee? I wish I could have a banshee..

90% of my duner buddies ride Banshees. They are great on the dunes, and for balls to the wall riding. On hot days though you cant just putt around cause they overheat easy, you need to keep your speed up so you have air passing thru the radiator. None of them use their Shee's for trail riding for that reason. 2-strokes are extremely easy and cheap to work on. Keep in mind that the way the power comes on is totally different between 2 and 4 strokes. The only quad I have ridden that compares to the shees power-band is a yfz-450 thats pipped, filtered, and jetted that has also had the cam mod done. If your just going to be trail riding then stick with a 4-stroke, the 400 is a great choice for that.

something must be wrong with you dave. LOL, actually i dno cause i've never rode a banshee. u got pics of ur banshee? I wish I could have a banshee..
Hey 02 why do have a Warrior if all you is talk about is wanting a different quad everyday. Take a YFZ 450, and a Banshee trail riding and I don't mean little 10 to 15 minute rides, I'm talking 2 to 3 hrs rides before you break, and then tell me those 2 quads won't beat the hell outta ya. YFZ= good for MX, and dunes, Banshee= only good for dunes. Now if were talking Raptor 660 or 700 that puts a different paintjob on things.

[quote:ty58d8ci]something must be wrong with you dave. LOL, actually i dno cause i've never rode a banshee. u got pics of ur banshee? I wish I could have a banshee..
Hey 02 why do have a Warrior if all you is talk about is wanting a different quad everyday. Take a YFZ 450, and a Banshee trail riding and I don't mean little 10 to 15 minute rides, I'm talking 2 to 3 hrs rides before you break, and then tell me those 2 quads won't beat the hell outta ya. YFZ= good for MX, and dunes, Banshee= only good for dunes. Now if were talking Raptor 660 or 700 that puts a different paintjob on things.[/quote:ty58d8ci]
Shut up and finish putting your 446 together Dave. I want to know how it runs so I can consider what to do with my wifes 350.(thinking about upgrading her to a 700r at the moment but shes not ready)

And to those of you that think banshees are as reliable as a 4 strokes, you obviously have no experience with banshees. Oh to be young and think I knew everything again.

Back