warrior/banshee good deal?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:-*
[quote:cuuo0mzx]
Hey 02 why do have a Warrior if all you is talk about is wanting a different quad everyday. Take a YFZ 450, and a Banshee trail riding and I don't mean little 10 to 15 minute rides, I'm talking 2 to 3 hrs rides before you break, and then tell me those 2 quads won't beat the hell outta ya. YFZ= good for MX, and dunes, Banshee= only good for dunes. Now if were talking Raptor 660 or 700 that puts a different paintjob on things.
Shut up and finish putting your 446 together Dave. I want to know how it runs so I can consider what to do with my wifes 350.(thinking about upgrading her to a 700r at the moment but shes not ready)

And to those of you that think banshees are as reliable as a 4 strokes, you obviously have no experience with banshees. Oh to be young and think I knew everything again.[/quote:cuuo0mzx]

I have plenty of experience with banshees from all my duner buddies in our duner club. Banshees are reliable as long as the person does the maintenance like he should. Now longevity is where there is a big difference. They have to rebuild there top ends yearly or bi-yearly depending on how hard they run them. It is not required to rebuild every year but after a good season of riding the dunes there compression drops some, and in order to keep there bikes running tip top they rebuild the top end. Now as with any quad maintenance is the key, my brother has a 86 Polaris trailboss 2-stroke that has never been rebuilt, just kept up on maintenance and it still runs as strong as the day it was born. Yfz's if they are mx'd should require a yearly tear down also. ( we also have a couple in our group that mx their yfz's) Reliability also has to do with engine mods, the farther you get from stock the more unreliable they become, and thats same with any quad out there. Banshees get there bad reputation of unreliability because 95% of them out there are heavily modded, 4 mill, 7 mill's etc. with cub or cheetah cylinders. When you get up to the 10 mill it starts becoming a flip of the coin, same when you start running on alky. I may not own a banshee myself, but i have been riding them, and been riding with the other club members who do have them for years. I hear what they tell me, and see what they are running and how they are running. Now my blaster that has a 1971 350twin in it hauls ass and this rebuild im getting ready to do to it will be its very first one. It has been very reliable and has never failed to start. Like I said before maintenance is the key.

yeah, i guess with having rebuilds but no vlaves and mixing gas it kninda evens out...i dont think ill have a problem keeping up on maitenence....what consists of a top end rebuild...a honeing, rings and gaskets?

[quote:ckkccpxd]something must be wrong with you dave. LOL, actually i dno cause i've never rode a banshee. u got pics of ur banshee? I wish I could have a banshee..
Hey 02 why do have a Warrior if all you is talk about is wanting a different quad everyday. Take a YFZ 450, and a Banshee trail riding and I don't mean little 10 to 15 minute rides, I'm talking 2 to 3 hrs rides before you break, and then tell me those 2 quads won't beat the hell outta ya. YFZ= good for MX, and dunes, Banshee= only good for dunes. Now if were talking Raptor 660 or 700 that puts a different paintjob on things.[/quote:ckkccpxd]

I don't talk about wanting a different quad everyday.. and when I can ride in an open field a banshee would be good. I don't give a **** if it beats the hell outta me as long as it's fun. but my warrior is good. the raptor 700 seems to be rly high off the ground compared to the 350's and thats what I don't like about them. I don't care what a quad is meant for, if it has fourwheels it can pretty much go anywhere.

I think its funny when people act like they know what quads are good and what ones are'nt...most people that talk about them probably have'nt even set on one let alone ride it and know how its performs.

Back