Warrior/Raptor Conversion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridinfast03

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wanting to know what parts are needed to make the conversion? Like what brackets and such are needed?

Probably some cutting and nigger rigging but im not positive. I've seen it done in a dirthweels.

The plastic will fit perfectly since they have the same frame, I just need to know what if any bracekts or stay bars are needed. I know I will need a new seat assembly and new headlights, I just needed to know if the raptor uses different brackets for the front and rear plastics?

You will have to get the raptor fender stays, they will mount in different locations. If I remember right you will also need to weld some new mounting tabs to your frame for the different mounting locations of the plastics. I cant remember for sure but you might also need to switch gas tanks too. Its not an easy drop on like most people think, The front portion of the frame is slightly different also. Just buy the fender stays and fab up the brackets.

Right on guys for the help, I found a full set of plastics for about 300 dollars new and the gas tanks are different according to oem specs, but I will see if it will still fit, if not it is only 75.00 for a new tank.

If you guys think of anything else or have attempted please post.

The plastic will fit perfectly since they have the same frame, I just need to know what if any bracekts or stay bars are needed. I know I will need a new seat assembly and new headlights, I just needed to know if the raptor uses different brackets for the front and rear plastics?

Your also going to need a raptor gas tank and you'll have to weld some tabs on the frame to secure it down since the Warrior tank is mounted much different. Also the CDI and electronic stuff all mount in different locations, so your wiring harness is going to have to be rerouted. You'll need the Raptor footwells too since they mount differently than the Warrior. You will also need a Raptor grab bar since its what holds up the rear plastics. Its alot of fabrication work but its do-able.

IMO I'd just go with one of the YFZ looking kits from maier. Probably cost about the same in the end.

Just remembered that you'll also need the Raptor airbox to clear the seat, the Warrior one is too large to clear the seat and the plastics.

It can be done, your just going to have to get it and mount the plastics and see what other brackets are needed, and like Ratch said you will need the Raptor seat and airbox, plus if you going the whole route you'd might as well get the raptor pegs too as they are back and down a little.

Thanks again guys keep the suggestions coming, I have sat and made a list of about 600 dollars worth of oem parts aside from the price of the plastics to do this, but it will be worth it. I neeed a new show quad to show of my metal fab work and my own custom graphics.

Thats a huge waste of money dude. All you need to do is buy the maiers and its going to looks even better and cost 1/2 as much. Thats just my opinion so you can do what you want. Its going to take alot of fabbing and relocating of things, and in the end most likely just not look right.

Man the maiers look okay just not good enough, does anyone know if it is just the airbox lid that will need changed or the whole air box?

yea cz even if u do get it to work the brackets have to be perfect or the plastic wont line up right and they might be crooked.

Hate saying it but your plan to build it with raptor plastics is a lot more work, time, effort, and money than its really worth. Maeirs is the best bet. But if you want to show off your metal skills make some of your own nerfs or grab bar, or just build custom mounts for your headlights. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again guys keep the suggestions coming, I have sat and made a list of about 600 dollars worth of oem parts aside from the price of the plastics to do this, but it will be worth it. I neeed a new show quad to show of my metal fab work and my own custom graphics.

$600+ just for a yfz conversion? id take the money and put it toaward a 446...cz ppl are gonna see it look like a yfz but its gonna be slow as **** (not really but slow compared to a yfz) but its ur money so u do what u want and if u do actual do this i wanna see pics of when its finished. ;)

Well trust me its going to be worth it, talked with a guy at the dealer that has done it and said it is really pretty easy if you have the money, as far as the warrior is its pretty fast. Money spent on Duncan Racing has totalled nearly 5800 so far and that is all motor and intake, and electrical.

I plan on doing a full documentary full or pics for you guys. ;D

Back