Warrior YZ250 Engine Conversion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still needs tuning lol. But I am getting there. I have gone out twice for long rides and haven't had a serious failure yet.

Its the stock carb of a 94 yz250. I think the jetting is a little fat but my gearing is off still as well. I was contemplating lowering the needle one notch and seeing where that gets me.

I can't remember what jets are in the carb but I will investigate soon and see if maybe I am over sized for 6000 feet.

That little 250 would really benefit from some port work, and a bigger carb.
I was also curious what kind of pipe your running?

Its a stock pipe lol. I am seriously toying with the idea of an FMF system and rebuilding the top end at the same time. Problem is it takes about 4 hours to rebuild the pipe to fit the frame lol. I am having moral issues with cutting and re-welding a new FMF Fatty. I haven't done any research on the 250 motor yet in regards to power improvement but I may soon.

Okay Mathius nailed it. I dropped the needle one position and wham, no blubbery mid range. This thing moves now lol.

Back