12 tooth front sprocket?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get an idea what the 12 will be like just go down to 20inch tires in the rear. I explained the whole gearing thing in the tutorials.

I felt like i needed more low end with the stock gearing and no engine mods but i didnt want to shift constantly. I went up one tooth on the rear sprocket. It is less drastic than going down one tooth up front. Ive been happy so far.

Actually after thinking about it, if you have a Warrior it probably wouldn't be too horrible. Warriors have the Huge 22s typically, so it wouldn't be as drastic as going to a 12T on a Rappy with the 20s. If you put 20s on the back of your Warrior I still wouldn't do it.

how much did going up one tooth in the back effect our top end and what is the stock tooth count?

They say every tooth on the front is equal to three in the rear, so it shouldn't be nearly as drastic as dropping one on the front.

The raptor 350 has 20 inch rear tires on it, the warrior had 22's i think. So dont expect to change gearing unless you get 18 inch rears. My raptor had 38 teeth stock for the rear sprocket, i went up to a 39, and i still barely use 6th gear, but you may ride differently. Also, i think the warrior has 40 teeth in the rear stock. I think a yfz, banshee, and warrior/rap350 use the same rear sprockets when you start looking for one.

The raptor 350 has 20 inch rear tires on it, the warrior had 22's i think. So dont expect to change gearing unless you get 18 inch rears. My raptor had 38 teeth stock for the rear sprocket, i went up to a 39, and i still barely use 6th gear, but you may ride differently. Also, i think the warrior has 40 teeth in the rear stock. I think a yfz, banshee, and warrior/rap350 use the same rear sprockets when you start looking for one.

13/38 makes up for the lost top speed on the raptor due to the tire change... also the carb and exhaust is better on the rappy so you may see a slight bit of diffrence there.

Both the warrior and rappy 350 top out at about the same.

i think i am just going to go up one or two teeth in the back and not mess with the front sprocket at all probably two though

when I asked at yammy, they said 1 down in the front equaled 2 up in the rear, so I went down 2 in the front and up 4 in the rear, ITS SIIIICKKKK!! some people say... I am off my sprocket!

Back