500 qaudzilla

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridaredneck

Reaction score
Not like my mom would let me have one but what would the diffrance
from hopping from a 350 to this 500 2 stroke screamer? How are they on trails?

Not like my mom would let me have one but what would the diffrance
from hopping from a 350 to this 500 2 stroke screamer? How are they on trails?
What would be the difference?? probably you underwear will have **** on them after the first blast. Totally insane.

Sweet, i need to get my grubby lil fingers on one. Is there any atv that will stay semi-close to them?

I would like to add that reliability of the stock motor even with simple mods is very bad. There are numerous sites that detail all the fixxes that will make it a bullit proof motor but will cost ya.

If you mean the original Quadzilla, the LT500 Quadracer... they were only made for like 3 years. Theyre very easy to work on, theres still some aftermarket out there, but not much. SOME oem parts can still be ordered from Suzuki, but many are totally discontinued.

Theyre big, heavy, and very fast. Only other ATV that ever could give the Banshee a good run for its money in a straight line. They turn like a truck, so they arent well suited for XC or Woods. But Desert and Dunes are a blast.

Going from a Raptor 350 to a 'Zilla is literally like going from a Toyota Corolla to a Ferrari F40. Buy extra underwear.

If you can get one cheap, go for it.

Well, after just seeing that video I put a load in my pants... brb.

K back, yeah that ATV looks amazing. Like Griff said if you're gonna' ride in trails you might as well keep the 350. But I'm sure for dunes it would be insane.

Zillas are nice, but they are getting hard to find parts for, just like my quadracer. The zilla's are straight line haulers, i wouldnt ride one in the woods if my life depended on it. You have to be carefull kicking that big boy over too, they are known for snapping ankles. If you want the 500cc power, but want handling also, youll want to build a 250/500 hybrid. Put the 500 in the lt250r frame. little cutting and rewelding needed, but it will be lighter than the zilla and handle better. You'll want to stay away from the 87 models. they have small headbolts that stretch from the compression and cause leaks. you can drill out and retap the headbolts for the larger 88 bolts though and that solves the problem. You will also want to weld up the ears. The factory ears are to thin and are prone to cracking. The frames really need to have gussets welded on. The frames crack and twist on them. The aluminum swingarms suck and crack really easy. But even with all that, they are still fun and fast. Just expect to pay a premium for parts.

Like everyone else said, fast fun but not really reliable for trail riding, plus when your stuck you are STUCK, like others said alot of the parts crack/break easy so hooking up to other quad or having a utility winch you out can be tricky. And in my opinion they aren't any faster than banshees in stock trim, maybe a bike or two in the strait but thats it. Research some older dirtwheels issues, they did a full out banshee vs quadzilla many years ago.

I just want something to make all the cocky lil fuckers around here shut up. Obliviously the raptor wont do that. Im just tired of everyone on going "my 660 raptor will do 98 mph" or my 110 Pep boys bike beat a 400 ex in a straight line so on so forth. I want to be able to hop onto a bike that will be able to beat everyone on a straight line. All the kids are really pissing me off going mines faster and not wanting to race or if they race they have double the CCs.

Get a damn jeep. That way if you see you're losing you can cut over quick and run them over.

- Or, do what I do and don't worry about what all the little dumbass kids say. It doesn't matter what you have or what you do, there's still going to be a handful that talk **** and bring nothing to the table when it comes to back up their claims. Heck, if you do actually get the opportunity to race one, and you toast him, I can pretty much guarantee there will be a bombairdment of excuses that follow, such as "you started first" or "I spun and couldn't get traction" or "it's not running right today" or just a general "you cheated and I win by default". This special ed kid with a 660 was talking **** on me back in high school, when I still had my little honda recon. I told him it doesn't matter what you ride if you're too much of a dumb **** to know how to ride it. I challenged him to a woods race, and also on a small local mx track. Surprisingly he took the challenge. To his surprise, he couldn't hang with me in the trails, in fact he actually hit a tree and rolled it over because he got frantic when he realized how quick I got away from him in the turns, and then on the mx track I also stayed ahead of him because he was too much of a puss to actually hit the jumps, he rolled over every one, and I was hitting them with all 12 horsepower that little recon had. His excuse? I knew the trails better, and I kicked up dirt so he couldn't see, and I didn't have a clutch so I had an advantage. You can go ahead and spend 7 grand on a new quad and the situation won't change, the ones that talk **** are also too thick skulled to admit when they lost.

Well luckily the people I've met so far aren't like that. I know I'll probably lose to pretty much anybody at the moment because I rarely start quickly so I would probably end up doing a wheelie or stalling because I have no experience.

But I would say build up that rappy, but keep it looking and sounding almost stock. That way when somebody challenges you they probably won't expect it and you'll win, shutting them up. And if they keep talking after that, rev your motor so that they won't even hear themselves. :p

If you can get a deal on a quadzilla, take it! The price will only go up whether they are hard to get parts for or not. The first one I rode was nearly brand new. Crazy fast. If you watch any hill climbing competitions that a quadzilla is in, it WILL win. Unless it breaks down of course. Not even banshees hold a candle there. Like I've heard many times, "theres no replacement for displacement", and the name fits that quad QUADZILLA! If you want a trail quad to shut up punks, go for a 250R.

Get a damn jeep. That way if you see you're losing you can cut over quick and run them over.

- Or, do what I do and don't worry about what all the little dumbass kids say. It doesn't matter what you have or what you do, there's still going to be a handful that talk **** and bring nothing to the table when it comes to back up their claims. Heck, if you do actually get the opportunity to race one, and you toast him, I can pretty much guarantee there will be a bombairdment of excuses that follow, such as "you started first" or "I spun and couldn't get traction" or "it's not running right today" or just a general "you cheated and I win by default". This special ed kid with a 660 was talking **** on me back in high school, when I still had my little honda recon. I told him it doesn't matter what you ride if you're too much of a dumb **** to know how to ride it. I challenged him to a woods race, and also on a small local mx track. Surprisingly he took the challenge. To his surprise, he couldn't hang with me in the trails, in fact he actually hit a tree and rolled it over because he got frantic when he realized how quick I got away from him in the turns, and then on the mx track I also stayed ahead of him because he was too much of a puss to actually hit the jumps, he rolled over every one, and I was hitting them with all 12 horsepower that little recon had. His excuse? I knew the trails better, and I kicked up dirt so he couldn't see, and I didn't have a clutch so I had an advantage. You can go ahead and spend 7 grand on a new quad and the situation won't change, the ones that talk **** are also too thick skulled to admit when they lost.

Yeh its fun messing with them, i race one on a 110 Pep boys thing and i only went into 3rd gear and we went back to his friends house and he said that he beat me and i said well lets race again. I said " I had a bad start". We raced again and i used all the gears and made him look like an idiot in front of all his friends. I guess i will just have to let them come up with excuse.

If you can get a deal on a quadzilla, take it! The price will only go up whether they are hard to get parts for or not. The first one I rode was nearly brand new. Crazy fast. If you watch any hill climbing competitions that a quadzilla is in, it WILL win. Unless it breaks down of course. Not even banshees hold a candle there. Like I've heard many times, "theres no replacement for displacement", and the name fits that quad QUADZILLA! If you want a trail quad to shut up punks, go for a 250R.

My LT250R (on the dunes) was eating built 400's for lunch, hanging with or barely beating the 450's, and this was with a stock bore, your basic clean up port job, and a 39mm PWK carb. I just got a full drag port done, V-force 2 Reeds, Carb bored out to 40.5mm. Havent gotten to really ride it yet after this work, but I would bet my bottom dollar that the 450's and 660's will be no problem for me now. I would strongly consider one of these 250's either the lt250r, trx250r, or the Tecate4. They will definetly shut them up.

Back