another raptor 350 carb problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levonskinator

Reaction score
i am having more problems with this carb. when the rpms get up in any gear, regardless of throttle position, it sounds like it is misfiring, or missing.
At first i thought this was jetting, and because it is a cv carb, i was not sure if throttle position directly effected the actual slide position, so i jetted it richer.
This made no difference, and in fact as it popped black smoke would come out, but i then leaned it out and this changed nothing.
I have also confirmed that it is not the parking brake sensor, so I am out of ideas.
It ran before i put this carb on so it has to be this carb. Sorry for the long post but anyone have any ideas?

Did you go through the carb and check the condition of everything before you installed it? CV carbs can be a pain in the ass because the throttle position does not directly control the slide, and the slide can easily become hung up because of dirt, abnormal wear, broken or incorrectly installed spring, or a damaged or twisted diaphragm.

everything looked ok, but i think i am going to get a rebuild kit for it, hopefully that will do something

Back