Cam question?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the only way to tell if the springs are aftermarket is to compare them to stock ones I don't think there are any markings on the springs

I have no idea if they are or not. How can you tell if you match them up? Diff diameters?

Maybe thicker coils or taller when pulled out and set beside a stock one ???

the strength of the spring.......... most upgrade springs are Titanium so there just A LITTLE BIT STRONGER lol

MegaCycle say megacycle cams on it, along with whether its a 252x1 or 252x2. After that is what I believe is the manufacture date, mine being 07-06

2012-09-04_23-28-37_479.jpg
dude whats with that lobe

The 252x1 is a BIG cam. It is what I have for my stroker. Not a cam I'd use on a stock stroke engine. Unless it was for a flat track racer or similar. Compare the lobes to the stocker and you'll be shocked at how much taller the lobes are.

And all you need for the megacycle is hd springs. I talked to their tech department, and they only reccomend very good used rockers or new.

The 252x1 is a BIG cam. It is what I have for my stroker. Not a cam I'd use on a stock stroke engine. Unless it was for a flat track racer or similar. Compare the lobes to the stocker and you'll be shocked at how much taller the lobes are.

Lol okay if anybody knows its you gen! Well does anyone have a milder cam that they wanna trade?

Just fyi, megacycle says the exhaust rocker cover will need to be clearence for the rocker not to hit it, due to the reduced base circle.

Just fyi, megacycle says the exhaust rocker cover will need to be clearence for the rocker not to hit it, due to the reduced base circle.

Ya I read that in their manual and the head that was on the bike has already been done

Show a pic of that cover. I still have to do that and mine has the decomp lever so I don't know if I will need a newer cover.

There is a pic of it on the first page of the thread but hit me up in a pm with your phone number and ill send to your phone tomorrow its at my shop

Back