Carburetor HELP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courage

Reaction score
Hey guys, needing some carb advice. When I bought my warrior, I didn't realize that it had an aftermarket Chinese carb on it. It started having some carb problems, so I took it to my mechanic. He said the Chinese carb isn't rebuildable. He gave me 3 options, and I thought of a 4th.

1). New OEM carb ~$400
2). New cheap Chinese carb ~$50
3). Nibbi brand carb ~$110
4). Used OEM carb, and rebuild it ~$300

What do y'all recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Courage

Hey guys, needing some carb advice. When I bought my warrior, I didn't realize that it had an aftermarket Chinese carb on it. It started having some carb problems, so I took it to my mechanic. He said the Chinese carb isn't rebuildable. He gave me 3 options, and I thought of a 4th.

1). New OEM carb ~$400

What do y'all recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Courage
A new OEM will always be the best choice, but not the most affordable. I would try a used oem, eBay or some one on these forms, and a good kit and a REALLY good cleaning. Most carb problems are dirt, mis- adjusted settings and damaged parts. Replacement aftermarket carbs ( especially cheap Chinese carbs are never worth the money they cost). My experience with rebuilding a carb has taught me that if you think you cleaned it good, then clean it again. Use quality parts and double check your adjustments. Of, just my opinion, other's my think different.

1). New OEM carb ~$400

What do y'all recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Courage

So is there somewhere I could still get oem ones new, or am I looking for used ones? Also, would I need a new gasket kit as well for when I take the new zoom zoom carb apart to rejet it?
Thanks!
You're pretty much looking at rebuilt used but no you don't need a new gasket when rejetting. It's just an oring.

There are cheaper used ones on ebay for around $200. Always stay with OEM carbs. Go through a parts supplier like partzilla.com or rockymountainatv.com for oem parts. All Balls Racing, Moose, and others are "okay" kits for seals, but OEM jets could be needed.

If you get an OEM carb, with original parts, you could rebuild it with a cheap kit(for seals and screws) and use Mikuni jets to tune it.

My personal experience with Zoom Zoom is 1 hit and 1 miss. If you go with them, I would order OEM jets, and a replacement needle from a Yamaha parts supplier.

Back