New member with electrical nightmares!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I got a better download with every year of warriors wiring diagram. This is what I have learned. 1990-1996 The stator to cdi wire colors are white/green,red,blue,yellow. 1997-2001 the stator to cdi wire colors are brown/white,green,white,red.

I have a combination of the 2. My question now is if I wire either one of the 2 wires backward on either the source coil or the pick up will it still work or burst into flames??

i have hooked my source coil up back wards before i just had the weakest spark to no spark

and can either post a link to those wiring diagrams.. or link to where you got them ?

Last edited:
Just hoping I get my parts today. I just tore it down in the garage. Previous owner must have ran every bolt down with a cheater pipe! Good lord they was all on so tight. I tested the stator again after I got it off the bike. Pick up still wouldn't read any ohms. Stator tested out at 550 ohms. Strange how the warmer temp could change the reading so much. Nearly a 30 degree temp change sense earlier this week when I first tested it. And now I wait...

Yah Finally got the stator. I tested it. The pick up is 340 and source is 240. I still get the same on the charging as the other stators which was around 3. I guess I will through it in and see if it will run. Wish me luck guys!

needle wont do that, check to makesure that your acell pump is working and that there isnt a tear it the accell diaphram

make sure your intake boot isnt cracked either mine did the same thing and it was craked also while your in there do the valve stem cap mod and the click pen spring mod. both are cheap and really easy. worth it for sure.

Accelerator pump is messed up. The rod is stuck about half way down. I'm goint to see if I can get it apart. I really don't wan't to buy a new one if I can fix this one first.

The valve cap is just handy to slide over the pump stem to take out the slack between the rod and rocker. It just actuated the pump sooner. It works. The pen spring helps too, but seemed to make my throttle more stiff.

Thanks SparkyMichigan! Do you know if there is a sticky tread with a few pics for this?I haven't taken my Carb apart and not really familiar with them in general but sounds like a great mod! Thanks again

Not sure if there is a thread.
It's pretty straight fwd though.
Pull the carb
Pull the bowl. The pump will be hanging down. It's round with a round stem going up into the area covered by the black plastic cover.
Pull the black plastic cover on the side of the carb.
Make sure the pump is free to move. Slide the valve stem cap over the stem.
The spring goes on the other end of the pump down in the hole the big end of the pump slides in.
Reassemble.

Back