Sourcing parts and quality information

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANRULZ!

Reaction score
New to the group, and hoping to score information and reliable parts sources for my 96 Big Bear.

My dad bought this rig new in 96, and he just passed in December. I’ll be keeping the Big Bear because it’s a sentimental machine. I helped him pick this machine over a King Quad and a Timberwolf. And sadly, he was quick to rule out the Banshee and Warrior I was pushing for, lol

To the point: This old machine is tired, but money can fix a lot. I’d like a little more power out of the Big Bear, but I have no idea who to trust on the internet for parts. You folks seem like a good place for information and parts sources. I’d like to make this 350 Big Bear feel more like a 400 Kodiak, or even a little better. I’m not racing or anything stupid like that. I drag trailers, skid logs out of the woods, ride over fallen trees, and many of the trails I ride are home to beavers, slick, soft grey clay or black spruce sphagnum bogs.

What options do I have for power gains? I’m assuming a 400 Kodiak engine would be a direct swap, right? I’d much rather build the Big Bear engine, but don’t know what the options are. Big Bore kit?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Welcome to the forums! Any pictures of the rig?
The big bear shares many engine parts with the warrior, as far as I know most of the performance parts should fit

Welcome to the forums! Any pictures of the rig?
The big bear shares many engine parts with the warrior, as far as I know most of the performance parts should fit
There’s a few pictures of the Big Bear, but most are not handy. I’ve got these from New Year’s Eve 1997, which has Big Bear pictured, along with Big Red and 300 4X4, which I still have. A before and after of our pseudo resto on Big Red and 350X, my son’s Warrior and my daughter on 300.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpeg
    IMG_0588.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_0419.jpeg
    IMG_0419.jpeg
    3.6 MB
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    2.8 MB
  • IMG_1308.jpeg
    IMG_1308.jpeg
    6 MB
  • IMG_1311.jpeg
    IMG_1311.jpeg
    6.7 MB
  • IMG_1309.jpeg
    IMG_1309.jpeg
    7.1 MB
  • IMG_1401.jpeg
    IMG_1401.jpeg
    4.6 MB
Welcome. I'll just copy and paste what I put in the other post

I would upgrade what's in it. Maybe start with a higher compression wiseco piston and maybe a warrior head and carb with stage 1 hotcam.

Back