Taller tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougK109

Reaction score
Hi all. Got a quick question. Has anyone tried taller tires to get a little more ground clearance? I ride mostly on rutted out trails and gotta be real careful or the skid bottoms. I was looking and found 25-12-9's and was wondering if anyone has tried them (or close) and found any problems. I dont race, all trail riding so being a little taller is no problem. Thanks.

it could be done but you would need to play with your gearing to get it right. but the taller your tires are the taller your sprocket will need to be so you might not gain much

I have ridden a bike with 22" rears, 23" fronts, and it was okay, I think I would prefer 20's or 18's...

25's are max on a warrior. Ive seen them. Have to regear but its still a ton of ratating mass. If you want the height and still have it be useable for the whole "sport quad" duties, 22 is where its at.

I run 25x12x9 on the rear an my gf has 25x13.5x9 both with aggressive mud/trail tread and both regeared -1 in the front +4 in the rear so there's plenty of torque over logs and ruts, mud, rocks, creek embankments pretty much anything you can throw at it plus the extra clearence is great. As for keeping up with my buddys warrior on 22s with the same mods my gf is dead even and I'm slightly behind so I'm pretty sure it's all coming down to rider weight traction ect.

Love my 22 the guys on the 400 have troubles keepin up they just hook up nice u don't have a lot of wheel to turn than a 25 but I like to jump mine too:D

I have 25x13.5x9 TSL Vampires on the back of my warrior and they work great. Ground clearance is way better than with my 22" bear claws. I am down one tooth in the front and up 8 in the rear.LOL. I was running 12 tooth front and the 40 rear in the snow with these tires but it was the shits when I had to actually spin them, they would be horrible in the mud with those sprockets too. I had it out one trip this past summer with the 12/48 setup and the big tires and it had no problems what so ever, never got stuck in the mud once.

Back