Ticking/Clanking Noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jelly

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Here with another mystery noise.

So yesterday I gave the bike some love, new spark plug, new oil & filter, new air filter, new tires, and a wash. Everything was going great and the bike seemed so much happier.

The only thing was a slight misfire at first, but it went away. I assumed I didn’t properly tighten the spark plug, but it went away.

Then I was pulling it into the garage after giving it one last ride, and heard this clicking/ticking/clanking noise. And before you ask, yes I used the right oil, and the correct amount.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_9803.mov
    11.4 MB
  • IMG_9801.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Probably just due for a valve adjustment, it's kindof a regular matinence item.
Also give it a good old old nut and bolt check, things get loose with vibrations on these machines.
Oh, what did your original transmission noise end up being?

Probably just due for a valve adjustment, it's kindof a regular matinence item.
Also give it a good old old nut and bolt check, things get loose with vibrations on these machines.
Oh, what did your original transmission noise end up being?
It’s just so weird how this ended up happening after my oil change. I took the bike to a mechanic and they said it was a normal noisy warrior, and then now this out of nowhere.

The shop said that my clutch basket is likely worn out, and it’s common, and nothing to worry about until I start having issues shifting.

Back