03 Warrior Motor Rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks corko. i liked it too. used 2 whole cans of VHT Flameproof paint on it to get it right. well, i got the alba bumper in today. it looks a lot better than the stocker. i really like the blue dirt screen in it. now if (or when) i get stuck out on the trail ill be able to lift and move the front end now that i have something to grab on to. easy to pick up the front end now. i can almost curl the thing or use it for squats. wow, a new use for my warrior-exercise equipment! yeah!
f0669f58.jpg

still needs to be cleaned up, but that will come soon. later.

nah, i dont think so. alba's got them for pretty cheap though. after shipping mine was about $70. not too bad in my opinion. go to www.albaaction.com and look under parts. great bumper for the price. other colors to choose from too (black, red, and blue i think). later

Thanks for the link. I was going to get a AC bumper. I forgot about the alba bumper.

yeah ac is kinda pricey, but good. the alba bumper was kind of a pain in the ass to fit up, but i was expecting that as with any aftermarket bumper. not too much of a problem, just some tapping on it and pulling to make sure it fit tight. great bumper though. wish they made one for the 300ex b/c then i would put one on my girlfriend's. they have one for the 400ex, but not sure if it will fit up the same. i think my guy at the shop has a 400 in right now, so i might take the 300 in to compare the mounts. might fit, might not. just have to see. later

nice rebuild. seems well worth it. might have to buy a hotcam and new piston soon now that i know how much better it is. whats the cc size of the .50 over now, 366?

thanks-ant

actually, i dont think it really changes the bore size that much. wiseco doesnt even show the displacement after switching to the larger bores (0.50mm and 1.00mm over). you can go to this site: http://www.wiseco.com/Catalogs/ATV.aspx click on yamaha and go to 4-stroke atvs. it will have the yfm350 warrior on there. great power increase but, of course, it will suck more gas. so if you are trail riding, you will have to watch the gas more closely. i dont know how much more gas it will suck down yet, but ill find out soon. cam is a great add on and if you are doing that, you might as well do piston as well too. thats why i did it during the fix and rebuild, since the motor was already opened up. once i get her broken in and cleaned up, ill get some more pics and maybe a few videos. anyone know how to post vids on here without using a link, or is that even possible? later

You have to upload the videos to a hosting site and post a link to it. No way around it that I know of.

You can host the videos yourself if you have a server to do it from. Otherwise you will have to goto www.putfile.com or some of the many others. Upload the video then copy the link to it and paste it here.

right on. ill do that when i get the videos done. ill try to get some nice high speed runs or maybe put a dyno run up. think i might have a vid of the first or second dyno run on the new motor build. ill check and see if i can get it on putfile. later

Hey man I have a question for you. I just got done rebuilding my engine as well. I cant get the flywheel to go back on all the way. I even used a impact to tighten the bolt up and the flywheel keeps coming lose on me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. it just wont go back on all the way. How did you get your flywheel back on?

well, to start out, i didnt do my motor rebuild. i had my local shop do it. costed me out the ass, but was well worth it. as for your problem, is there something that is keeping it from going back on all the way, like a pin or keyway? like a slot that only lets it go back on one certain way? be careful with the impact because you dont want to shred anything and have to buy oem parts to replace them. im not very fluent with motors, but if you have a picture of the problem that you can post maybe myself or someone else can help. sorry i cant be of more help. ill ask my mechanic at the shop tomorrow. i should hopefully be picking my warrior up tomorrow if the money for my alba pipe gets deposited in my account tomorrow. do you have a clymer manual for your warrior or have you checked out the oem parts section of www.ronnies.com ? the site shows microfiche diagrams of motor assemblies. youll just have to go to "purchase oem parts", click yamaha, and then atvs. then select year and model. great source for diagrams. hope this helps somewhat. ill try to get back with you tomorrow.

cool man i like how ya did your pics... pretty good numbers on the dyno
thanks. should be pretty fast now. id like to get it out to the local drag strip to see what it will do or see if i can find a cool cop to clock me on a long straight strip of road. probably wont happen though. need to cut my fenders too. also thinking about the trailtech speedometer. kinda pricey though.

Yes i have a manual and i have gone through it like a million times now. im just so confused
yeah i know what you mean. ill see if i can find anything out tomorrow if i get out to the shop. later.

Got a pic showing the whole front of the quad with that bumper??

How are the mounts?

yeah i think i do. hold on.........here we go.
f0669f64.jpg

ill have to get some more pics whenever i get it home and cleaned up. the mounts are not too bad. i had to pull on it sideways a little bit to get the mounting tabs to slide over the holes, but i was expecting that with an aftermarket bumper. great bumper though.

usdsk8er, if you just want to find out your top speed you can use a digital speedometer for a bicycle with minimal modifications. You will probably need to splice a few extra feet of wire on for the sensor, and figure out a way to mount the sensors, but it shouldn't be hard at all. They work the same way as a trailtech, and you can get one for $10 at walmart. It will work just fine for steady speeds, but under acceleration there will be a noticable delay between the displayed speed and your actual speed. The trailtech does the same thing, just not as big of a delay.

see thats what i was thinking, but wasnt sure if it would work. i have one on my mountain bike that i could use. my bike is a cheapo walmart mongoose, but ive gone through some hardcore downhills and sh*t with it. just didnt know if it would give the right speed and how i would mount the wheel sensor and pickup sensor. i think there is a wheel size selector adjustment thing on it, but not sure how i would measure it for a quad wheel. might just look into a new cheap one at wally-world that still has instructions. would i be able to mount it just about anywhere on the wheel or hub and just measure from the center out to it for the diameter? (i think that would be the radius, but i would just double it then) has anyone ever done this? also, any tips on trimming the front fenders. not too sure how much i want to do it since i ride trails and get into some puddles sometimes. could i just take them off if i am planning on doing some high speed runs or what? later

I think I might order that bumper in black this week. It isn't too expensive..

Back