Je piston vs wiesco

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PineyPower

Reaction score
Any reason to run one over the other? Rumor has it JE pistons are lighter and it looks like they come in more overbore sizes but wiesco has different compression options and a good reputation.
When I do the piston, are there any considerations I should make for balancing? Is one set up better for longevity over another?
Looking for something set up for fast trails and sand pit/dune style riding on pump gas. Right now the way I ride I feel like the top end power falls off a bit so it'd be nice to bump power a little across the board and a bit more up top.
Looking at either an 85mm je 10.5-1 or a wiesco 83mm 11-1 probably running a webb 390 or 430 with minor head work and springs and the keihn 39mm carb to fuel it all.

You really can't go wrong with either. I went with the 11:1 wiseco because at the time I was trying to stick to stock bore to maximize volumetric efficiency on a stock head and it had a higher pump gas safe compression.

Gonna go with the bigger bore je set up, there's probably alot of complicated math that says I'm wrong but my gut tells me it'll have a bit more low end punch
Which cam you think will match up best?

Yeah not touching the valve seats, just skinnying up around the valve stem, cleaning up the casting a bit in the bowl and probably reshaping the shrouds a little.
Not seeing the 430... you mean the .427 (grind 384) or is there some secret menue **** you gotta ca in? Lol Screenshot_20240628-121855_Ecosia.jpg

Yeah not touching the valve seats, just skinnying up around the valve stem, cleaning up the casting a bit in the bowl and probably reshaping the shrouds a little.
Not seeing the 430... you mean the .427 (grind 384) or is there some secret menue **** you gotta ca in? Lol View attachment 5652
Yes the .427. There are some other grinds not listed that are under testing with drw not listed. You can order an xc cam from them which is pretty much a shorter duration .430.

Back