ktm 525

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was Can-Am thinking. They designed it for GNCC style races yet put the radiator way out in front where it gets no protection from flying rocks, mud, sticks or brush.

Plus half of their videos bragged about keeping all the mass towards the cent of the quad. Do not think you could put that radiator/fan assembly full of water any farther away from the center.

Holy crap what is that bottem thing, that is the most fugly thing ive ever seen i actualy some what like the ktm except the front plastics, just cut them and it would look good, get rid of that light too. But yeah can am gets my ugly vote.

Start a poll for this.

Can am is a far more advanced design than that ktm. Ktm is pretty stupid... they are known for nothing..... their machines failed at supercross and motocross. (anyone see the ktm incident involving the entire front gooseneck snapping off the bike on a small jump?) I havent really seen or heard much about them in any form of competition since that time. They produce a 9000 dollar quad for public purchase? hahhahahahah. Yamaha and honda are already killing them in sales to a point that they will never catch up. The funny part is you can get a yfz for about 5999 out the door. This quad would show a YFZ NOTHING. THe yfz is a better cheaper and faster platform. The level of modifications out there for them is outrageous. This quad will never go big and i see a short lived future. Maybe a run of a couple years but then the idea will be lost.... nobody will buy one.

Can am isnt really a big name either, but rotax is an excellent platform. It is the most powerful 450 series atv availible right now. At least if the claims are true. Pyramidal frame structure, largest brake rotors availible, largest fuel injection system to date.

For your average rider the KTM is a waste of time, the suspension is worthless and will need to be upgraded to take any form of professional level racing seriously. Honestly in stock form all of the 450's have more than enough suspension than anyone is really going to use. The stock suspension on machines is the best and most expensive for an average rider. It has the largest adjustability range and is compatible with any riding condition. Hence why its on there. Putting racing level shocks on a machine that will hardly ever see the track is stupid. 90% of these machine will be trail ridden, the other 10% that are bought will loose the stock arms and suspension in order to take a serious look at placing at a professional event. Whether or not a machine comes with race level shocks they are still a cookie cutter design. All of them are the same and none are rider or terrian specific.

For 9000 id be on a yfz anyday. Its the most know and best performing atv availible. Suzuki's fuel injection failed just like i said it would.... its a pointless object at this point. Stone age fuel injection that is worthless when any form of motor modifcations take place. Suzuki's systme cant even compensate for a pipe and filter yet.... that makes me laugh.

Honda and yamaha both retain carbs and there is a reason.

For 9000 id be on a yfz anyday. Its the most know and best performing atv availible. Suzuki's fuel injection failed just like i said it would.... its a pointless object at this point. Stone age fuel injection that is worthless when any form of motor modifcations take place. Suzuki's systme cant even compensate for a pipe and filter yet.... that makes me laugh.

How exactly did Suzuki's fuel injection fail like you said it would? Last time I checked there isn't even any street bikes that compensate for mods, so they are all "stoneage" bikes too. Do some research on fuel injection you might learn something. Fuel injection is the future, Honda and Yamaha will catch up eventually.

All fuel injection right now sucks, its all prototypes, they need to work out the problems, in a couple years it will be amazing but right now its just not keepin up with the carbs.

I've ridden the 525 outlaw and i am a firm beliver in KTM power please do not put down a motor until u have felt and seen what it can do in a quad. as far as ive seen fuel injection will be here suzuki and kawi have adapted it and im assuming the new can-am 450 will too to go with the technology in the frame etc. odds are honda and yamaha will to soon or they will be left in the dust when the fuel injection is dialed in.

[quote:7k5rvld1]For 9000 id be on a yfz anyday. Its the most know and best performing atv availible. Suzuki's fuel injection failed just like i said it would.... its a pointless object at this point. Stone age fuel injection that is worthless when any form of motor modifcations take place. Suzuki's systme cant even compensate for a pipe and filter yet.... that makes me laugh.

How exactly did Suzuki's fuel injection fail like you said it would? Last time I checked there isn't even any street bikes that compensate for mods, so they are all "stoneage" bikes too. Do some research on fuel injection you might learn something. Fuel injection is the future, Honda and Yamaha will catch up eventually.[/quote:7k5rvld1]

Yamaha and honda arent going to catch up. If anything they have already passed. They are already the industry standard for the sport. Leaders of innovation and they have the most money to throw around. If they wanted fuel injection they would have had it long before any of the other sport quads. Which just to let you know have all been modeled after the yfz450 and all are built to compete with the yfz450. The yfz and 450R are still the sports leading 450's. Nobody has even come close to those 2 machines yet. As far as sales go suzuki and kawasaki 450 sport machines combined are not selling the same numbers as the other 2. Yamaha introduced the 450. They also built the first competitive four stroke in supercross. They led the 4 stroke revolution. All that this sport is today is owed to yamaha. Without them you might not even see the 450 right now. Yamaha has always been the industry standard. All the other are always playing catch up. Every single thing yamaha does is copied by the other manufactors. As far as im concerned everyone else is still playing catch up to yamaha. And everything they have done.

Its funny if you actually pay attention to this sport and the way things are played out. I could rattle off 25 diffrent things in the last 10 years to be copied off of yamaha. Ive said it before and ill say it again, Yamaha is this industry's standard.

Yes, they may be the standard now. But what major changes have been made in the last few years? If yamaha does not update the yfz they WILL get left behind. They did bring the 450 but the newer machines such as the can-am and kawi I feel will out do the YFZ if yamaha doesnt update it soon.

r u kidding me the kawasaki...pshh the yfz will rip that thing. At least when yamaha does upgrade to fuel injection it will work flawlessly like everything they make. DSW is right yamaha has been the leading atv company.

they have been leady but what I am saying is that if they do not upgrade they will fall behind, and the yfz is far from flawless, i know some serious racers that will never own a yfz becuase of motor issues. how can u diss the kawi if u have never seen one run? or ridden one?

Yeah the yfz has a weak rod... Yamaha fixed that for this year though and added upgraded oiling to key areas in the engine.

I dont see how you can say efi is a prototype. Suzuki has used it in previous models, being the ute's. I dont see how they oculd **** that up by putting it in a sport bike, and yes the yfz is far from flawless. They have weak cases, the weak rod jason mentioned, the failin water pump, the issue with the oil cooler which i think they fixed in 07. Every quad comes with flaws, nothing is perfect.

Sorry teamexileracing I didnt know you had ridden one, but you likeing the yfz is your personal opinion. I pesonally dont favor any of the 450's becuase they all have there pluses and minuses, I might try to buy a 450r here soon but thats becuase I might be able to get a good price, but I really just see all of them for what they are which is mostly mx quads, and for the riding I do it doesnt work the best.

Yea I kind of look at this like the GM, Ford, Dodge, European, Jap car/truck debates. They all have things that are good and bad about them. I wish one of them had everything that I want in a quad, but none of them do. Everything that I want in a quad is not what some other person would want so that is pretty much impossible. I am excited about the new companies getting into the mix personally though. It does not mean I will buy one someday, but who knows I might if I think they are what suits me the best at the time. I think it is going to better the whole industry in the long run to have more competition. I love it when several companies are trying to one up each other. It makes all of them have a better product for the consumers.

I agree with you galaxy5oo, I think this new competition in the industry will push the possibilites for quads even further faster and it will help out with tecnology and quality.

I know the yfz isnt flawless and thats not what i ment when i wrote the it must of came off wrong, it just that i think they are a better bike with with everything that i have owned and used by yamaha they are good bike, no big problems with my 4 yamaha machines soo far.

And about the efi idk not working out for me.

Sorry teamexileracing I didnt know you had ridden one, but you likeing the yfz is your personal opinion. \
If you get a chanse to ride one do it there fun, well if you get a chanse to ride any quad do it there all fun hahahah but idk its not my quad, i personaly like the 450r out of all the 450's soo far, idk i have no hate for any of the other 450s but for some reasion i like it.

I dont have alot of hate for any 450 and I would buy one but moneys kinda tight and with college coming up its gonna get tighter. O well once I get my warrior rejeted and try to fit some LTR shocks hopefully I should be happy with it, for a bit.

I think honda is one of the slowest developing companys out there. From there street bikes to 4 wheelers. Just look how long it took them to put disk brakes on there machines when everybody else was doing it. Look at there engines so low tech and yes built to last. I feel that it's awesome that the new 4 wheeleres are starting to come with EFI and basically is what they been using on there street rockets. (those engines are producing unbelievable CC per HP.) The more the manufactures push with updates like this the better is going to be for us in the long run as the new bikes coming out will get better and better.

You look at any EFI injected street bike some of the most advanced engines and they can't compensate, same goes for todays cars... They can only go within like 15 percent of there programed map rich or lean.
If sales are up then whats the point of changing carb to efi? I can bet that we will see that both honda and yamaha change with in the next year.

Back