ktm 525

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You look at any EFI injected street bike some of the most advanced engines and they can't compensate, same goes for todays cars... They can only go within like 15 percent of there programed map rich or lean.
If sales are up then whats the point of changing carb to efi? I can bet that we will see that both honda and yamaha change with in the next year.
Finally someone that knows something about efi. I was getting sick of these ignorant kids who think that efi on a quad should adjust for mods. Quads are running the same type fuel injection that crotch rockets have been running for the last decade or so, but people call it stoneage, lol.

Honda and Yamaha already released their 08 lineup with no significant changes, I think there are going to be some big changes in 09.

Whether or not it adjusts isnt even the real point here. The point im trying to get across is in the ATV world carbs are king. They are more reliable and way cheaper to modify. Id take carb over efi anyday.

Whether or not it adjusts isnt even the real point here. The point im trying to get across is in the ATV world carbs are king. They are more reliable and way cheaper to modify. Id take carb over efi anyday.

I see the point as it's easier to change a jet on a carb and far cheaper then buying a $300.00 dollar box that will change the fuel mixture. But also look at it like how much did you have to go spend on a new carb? I think taking two of the same bikes you will find that EFI will run far better then a carburated one. I don't think in the ATV world carbs are king... the next model bikes there will be very few with carbs.

[quote:9l5x14wi]

I see the point as it's easier to change a jet on a carb and far cheaper then buying a $300.00 dollar box that will change the fuel mixture. But also look at it like how much did you have to go spend on a new carb? I think taking two of the same bikes you will find that EFI will run far better then a carburated one. I don't think in the ATV world carbs are king... the next model bikes there will be very few with carbs.[/quote:9l5x14wi]I have to go with jason on this. Working with a carb is much easier, and cheaper, but Efi just works better. Suzuki is not experimenting with efi on the lt-r, they have had it on their ute's, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I remember way back when the Gixxer 750 EFI was in it's infancy, it turned out to be a great thing and today you can't buy a street bike with a carb. I would take an EFI system any day over a carburator, it just takes the guessing away when tuning, call me lazy but thats how I feel.

Back