Build thread and some thoughts on progress

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it took forever to have the free time, but I finally made my new upper shock mounts.20241004_180336.jpg
The reloaction was done so that at full droop the shock is what hangs the a arms, not the ball joints. Wanted to design them so i could still use the factory mounts, which actually helped quite a bit to locate things and keep the parts symmetrical
20241004_182136.jpg
They are 3/16th plate and welded in place all around.20241004_205259.jpg
Now I get to do the fun part of shock tuning!

Well, it took forever to have the free time, but I finally made my new upper shock mounts.View attachment 5874
The reloaction was done so that at full droop the shock is what hangs the a arms, not the ball joints. Wanted to design them so i could still use the factory mounts, which actually helped quite a bit to locate things and keep the parts symmetrical
View attachment 5875
They are 3/16th plate and welded in place all around.View attachment 5876
Now I get to do the fun part of shock tuning!
What size shocks your running

16.5 eye to eye. Gained almost 2 inches of droop vs stock shocks on the same arms.
Had to shoot this whole project blind being I based all my decisions on using entirely the wrong shocks but I'm proud to say it works pretty damn good. It's a bit soft to where I'll have to get a little stiffer main spring but damn it irons out every bump I put in front of it, I feel like I'm damn near floating now

Back