Hey everyone,

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also you need too double check all electrical components. Key way , kill blob etc etc
Thank u i appreciate ur help an extra brain will help! Sadly the stator is the right one and I have rechecked pretty well everything my indicator lights work correctly I tried to bypass the neutral relay and that isn't the problem I opened up the brand new harness I got to check and make sure the wires r all going to the right place only is my repair manual doesn't have the connectors and where each wire is put for the '97 I did take the oe clutch perch off for an aftermarket one but it has the switch for the clutch and I connected it both start kill switch's test good I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace it. The pick up and source coils both test in spec so I should get a spark but nothing

Thank u i appreciate ur help an extra brain will help! Sadly the stator is the right one and I have rechecked pretty well everything my indicator lights work correctly I tried to bypass the neutral relay and that isn't the problem I opened up the brand new harness I got to check and make sure the wires r all going to the right place only is my repair manual doesn't have the connectors and where each wire is put for the '97 I did take the oe clutch perch off for an aftermarket one but it has the switch for the clutch and I connected it both start kill switch's test good I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace it. The pick up and source coils both test in spec so I should get a spark but nothing
Ok what harness on some aftermarket harnesses you need too switch the red and white wire in the plug I believe that goes too stator sometimes there wored wrong

Ok what harness on some aftermarket harnesses you need too switch the red and white wire in the plug I believe that goes too stator sometimes there wored wrong
Ok I noticed that they didn't match but their was a review or a post about it being made for the harness so it shouldn't need that but it's worth a try. If I remember correctly those two r switched and so is the green and brown should I switch both?

Ok I noticed that they didn't match but their was a review or a post about it being made for the harness so it shouldn't need that but it's worth a try. If I remember correctly those two r switched and so is the green and brown should I switch both?
And while I'm using a multi meters
Should the volts be 12+ on all hot wires?

This is the harness and stator on it right now. Switching the wires for the pick up and source is giving me a pulse but still no spark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240803_195209_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_195209_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    527.2 KB
  • Screenshot_20240803_195133_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_195133_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    652.3 KB
This is the harness and stator on it right now. Switching the wires for the pick up and source is giving me a pulse but still no spark
That's why I personally don't buy important stuff for my warrior from Amazon etc I just replaced my whole electrical system , and I use the best harnesses made from www.drwperformanceatv.com I hooked up everything new and have had no problems I'm not an electrical guru I just passed along what alotta people have had too do too amazon and ebay harnesses, I did complete rebuild so I just figured too replace who system also

That I do not know
Thanks I really appreciate u taking the time to help me this is on my last nerve it looks like they r different looking in the manual but I'd like to make sure and I can't find that info anywhere I'm thinking about cutting them open to see

Honestly someone was selling the relays the other day but I don't remember where or who but in all honesty when you can I would look into getting a harness that eliminates all the safety relay bs

Honestly someone was selling the relays the other day but I don't remember where or who but in all honesty when you can I would look into getting a harness that eliminates all the safety relay bs
Oh for sure I plan on getting one from the link u sent me but I'm in the middle of moving by the first of September so cash is real tight ATM but when I can I am even if I get it running before. I appreciate the advise buddy thank u

You could always jump the pins in the relay to test if that's even the problem

Screenshot_20240630-135144_Drive.jpg
With any luck this diagram is for the correct year
Relays usually have their own scribbles on them that show their rated amperage and sometimes even have a pinout and diagram printed right on them. Could be so epne tossed a black one in and the green ones are the same layout bit higher amperage which would explain alot.

Last edited:
Back