Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaWarriorGuy29

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting a high compression piston and camshaft in my Warrior. I want it to run on pump gas, and I don't race at all, just trails. What setups would you guys recommend?

Them hotcams still have problems with the gear or did they sort that out?

The first step I usually recommend is a wiseco 11:1 and stage 1 hotcam. If you want to also do springs in the head then web .390.
I was thinking about the Stage 2 Hotcam. Is it a good cam? Also would I loose any power in the bottom end or would the 11:1 compression compensate for that?

Depends on what you do and what your looking too get outta the motor
Well could you maybe give me a price range? I don't want anything crazy rn just a moderate build or maybe a little above that. The main problem is I'm trying to save money rn to buy a car lol

Well could you maybe give me a price range? I don't want anything crazy rn just a moderate build or maybe a little above that. The main problem is I'm trying to save money rn to buy a car lol
I can't give you answer like that I don't know what needs too be done too your head basically with a cam port polish ,springs vavles , vavle seats recut 750 ish

Take it from someone who is presently overdoing it... read them first two posts! When you upgrade one part a little too far the whole shebang gotta get done to support it.

If your bumping up compression seriously consider doing a oil cooler. One you drill and tap the right side case cover amd the other style you use a big bear/DRW oil filter adapter and put an oil cooler on it. Zoom Zoom has a complete kit with a large cooler to fit the Warrior. I'd look into them and pick one.

It will drop the engine and oil temp a lot. My little 6x6" cooler with a cheap fan drops the return oil temp 60°f. I can keep my engine around 180-200° on a really hot day with hard running. That is the base and oil temp.

Take it from someone who is presently overdoing it... read them first two posts! When you upgrade one part a little too far the whole shebang gotta get done to support it.
Exactly right every step you take its 2 steps back lmao , cause you do this then you need this too comport that then once you do that it takes another this too support that hahaha but I love it

Attachments

• 20240622_132742.jpg
    20240622_132742.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
If your bumping up compression seriously consider doing a oil cooler. One you drill and tap the right side case cover amd the other style you use a big bear/DRW oil filter adapter and put an oil cooler on it. Zoom Zoom has a complete kit with a large cooler to fit the Warrior. I'd look into them and pick one.

It will drop the engine and oil temp a lot. My little 6x6" cooler with a cheap fan drops the return oil temp 60°f. I can keep my engine around 180-200° on a really hot day with hard running. That is the base and oil temp.
Yea I was gonna do an oil cooler set up if/when I up the compression. It runs hot enough now while it's stock. Is there another forum or a video somewhere that gives step by step how to do it?

Back