2007 Raptor 350 build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts are here for the head. Factory piston pin, good used rockers, Hot Cams camshaft, bearings, and cam chain. I'll need to measure piston to deck before I decide on the head gasket. I keep getting tied up with something and need to start painting the head before I start putting it together.
View attachment 5754
View attachment 5753

I've been working on finishing up narrowing the front end. Tie rods are a PITA. I found a set of tie rods that will work with the 10mm -12mm tie rod ends. Now, the crappy cheap tie rod ends don't fit. The two on the inside steering stem hit. They are cast too large, hit each other, and bind. I ordered another set that look much more machined down and rounded off like the factory ones

If they still don't fit, I'm resorting to cutting the old tie rods shorter and welding them. This is keeping me from riding the quad.

Summit Racing decided to clearance out what they had left in off-road motorsports inventory. I got a great deal and ordered the last Streamline steering stabalizer they had. Also got some Torco break-in oil for the camshaft. It was kind-of hard to find break-in oil safe for wet clutches. I was about to buy some ZDDP additive. Apparently moly additives are the enemy in modern automotive oils and are what you should try to avoid.
Oh thanks for mentioning summit. I'm 5 minutes away so I'll see what they have.

Progress is slow. I might have it out running over the weekend if the yard dries up some. Even with some of the gas in the tank being old, it still fires right up.

Niche tie-rod ends for a YZF450 fit like factory and have alot of clearance. Tie rods are for a Suzuki King Quad and fit perfect. They are machined down to be thinner/lighter. If they do fail, I'll just machine my own.
1000004256.jpg

I plan to finish alot of projects over the weekend, including painting the head. Work has kept me busy. I can start assembly and final finish after the paint cures for a couple days. High temp copper should look unique.

Had to return the steering stabilizer as I didn't notice the stem clamp was so small. Have a used 11-way, rebuildable, Raptor 660 dampener from ebay on the way.

I need to dig through all my wheels and see if I can find a matching straight set for the new tires.

Back